Mel, in starting HR Unplugged, has a passion for undertaking HR and business consultancy for your business, big or small, in an unique way – practical and with easy-to-follow advice that makes sense, the very definition of Unplugged.
Breaking out of the more traditional mould, Mel is a HR and Business Consultant that can create effective results for your organisation, while lowering risk, increasing profitability and assisting you with your short-term and long-term goals. Leveraging off nearly 20 years of experiences across multiple industries, Mel has in-depth expertise in managing HR / IR issues in small- to large-sized organisations, across the Pacific, Asia and Europe.
Coupled with proven strong business acumen and previous experience in senior business leadership and Executive roles, Mel can translate her knowledge and skill into real-time, every-day practices and actions that positively impact your revenue, profits and people. If you need help with strategic business or people issues, risk analysis, facilitation, organisational reorganisation and assessments, and work-flow processes, HR Unplugged can provide practical help with ongoing support, or one-off assistance.
If you need templates or corporate governance of almost any description, or if writing business documents including tenders, isn’t for you or you simply don’t have the time, HR Unplugged can assist you.
Mel’s focus is on providing dynamic cost-effective outcomes for small to medium businesses that provide value-for-money, and are best practice and effective for the business, and its own individual culture.
HR Unplugged’s mantra is:
We help ensure you and your business work efficiently across all key business areas for sustainability and growth, but without the layers of business-speak and impractical advice.
We can roll up our sleeves and get fully involved, provide at-a-distance advice and support, or undertaken one-off targeted activities. Whatever suits your needs….
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
- Small-sized business, 35 employees
- Growth of start-up business to AUD $6.1M revenue within 2.5 years, and innovative shaker in market
Business Improvement Director
- Medium-sized business, 130 employees, key transformation project
- Led a team of professionals to on-time delivery of AUD $7M in professional and retail apparel in 2015/2016, across multiple supply chains and extensive stakeholders
- Re-engineered two major departments in a full transformation project with delivery of increased profits and reduction of operating budget
PEOPLE & TRANSPORT LOGISTICS
- Large business, 1350 employees, 3 companies, multiple sites, six Enterprise Agreements
- Lead negotiator on all six Enterprise Agreements (TWU, AWU, AMWU) and on national advisory board for state and federal IR matters
- Management of key strategic and escalated operational HR / IR matters
- As the Leader of L&D programme, delivered a new Eco-Driving pilot programme
- Reduced WorkCover premiums through partnership with WorkCover Queensland, on 24 month programme realising $1.3M in savings per annum, nominated Employer Finalist in WorkCover QLD Awards.
- Delivery of Health & Wellbeing programme, around key indicators for WorkCover and absenteeism
- Implemented a Safety Strategies programme with key stakeholders, including State Government
- Implementation of succession planning and key risk analysis
- Risk management programme and bi-yearly internal audits (pre-Government audits)
- Medium-sized business, 150 employees
- Skills-based pay programme, built around skill-gap analysis and labour market shortages
senior HR PROJECTS manager
- US-based parent company, 10,000+ employees
- Instrumental in forming an Australian-based version of a global Employee Value Proposition to target turnover, reduce absenteeism, increase labour market competitiveness, employer of choice and target other key HR metrics
- Part of a small business transformation team, successfully completing 350 redundancies across multiple sites in UK, from identification to full exit services
*A full list of roles and experiences can be provided upon request.
KEY DEMONSTRABLE SKILLS
- CULTURE & CHANGE
- BUSINESS & HR STRATEGY
- STRONG COMMERCIAL ACUMEN
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- WELL TESTED INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS EXPERIENCE
- HEALTH & WELLBEING FOCUS
- PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
Coaching & mentoring
- BROAD HR SKILLS ACROSS ALL
ASPECTS OF HR FUNCTION
From recruitment to exit
- OPERATIONAL SAVVY
Workflows, processes, outcomes & evaluation
- LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
(L&D) applications, facilitation and mediation, mentoring and succession planning
- BUSINESS RE-ENGINEERING
Improvement & restructuring (large, small, individual)
- DOCUMENT WRITING
e.g. Tenders, acquisitions, investor prospectus
- TRANSPORT & LOGISTICS
- RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
- SALES & MARKETING